Your gateway for materials to promote a high standard of care for DC's children...
This website provides access to resources and 2 critical trainings for providers in DC who see children covered under Medicaid:
1. HealthCheck Training: Please note that the HealthCheck training will fulfill your obligations for all Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) with which you are paneled (AmeriHealthDC; Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN); MedStar Family Choice; Trusted Health Plan; Fee-For-Service Medicaid Providers).
For the HealthCheck training, you will receive 5 CME’s upon completion of the curriculum.* CME credits will be paid for by the MCOs when you are due for HealthCheck training. (Providers must be trained once every 2 years).
2. Fluoride Varnish Training: This training will fulfill your obligations to provide and bill for fluoride varnish application in the District. Update: Reimbursement by Managed Care Organizations has been delayed. Please follow up with the Managed Care Organizations you work with to confirm when reimbursement will begin. Updates will also be posted here as they become available.
What's New with HealthCheck
- Birth to 5: Watch Me Thrive! is a coordinated federal effort to encourage healthy child development, universal developmental and behavioral screening for children, and support for the families and providers who care for them. The website includes information for early care and education providers, early intervention service and early childhood special education providers, families, and primary care providers.
- In 2014, National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day is May 8. Awareness Day seeks to raise awareness about the importance of children's mental health and that positive mental health is essential to a child's healthy development from birth. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has developed resources for young adults in support of Awareness Day and has created PSA videos.
- District of Columbia’s Managed Care Quarterly Performance Report - February 2014: Read a message from the director and the first quarter report for FY 2014.
- Improving Care Delivery for Children: Leveraging the Medicaid Benefit for Children and Adolescents: The presentation slides from this archived webinar draws together Medicaid officials from three states for a conversation about how they have worked to improve the Medicaid benefit for children in their states. Speakers from Iowa, the District of Columbia, and Minnesota discuss strategies for improving access and service delivery for Medicaid-enrolled children. The conversation will have a particular emphasis on efforts in these states to better coordinate care, use public health resources to deliver benefits, collect data on and improve quality, and enhance access and delivery of behavioral health services for children.
- Facts About Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act in the District of Columbia
- NEW! Training on Fluoride Varnish and Outreach Toolkit for Providers
- New Report Describes How Health Information Laws can be Coordinated with Health System Delivery Improvements for Children and Adolescents under EPSDT.
- See the new DC Medicaid HealthCheck Periodicity Schedules! (Health and Dental) and HealthCheck Brochure for Families (English and Spanish) | Read the official Tranmittal describing the update
- New Resources on TEFRA/Katie Beckett: Online learning | Fact Sheet | Frequently Asked Questions
Directly access the DC MMIS Provider Billing Manual (external link)
Read more of What's New...
DC Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) News:
* MedStar Georgetown Medical Center designates this curriculum for a maximum of 5 hours in category 1 credits towards the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.