DC School Information
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Council on School Health
Resources for pediatricians and other health professionals, including policies, publications, training, state contacts, and other resources.
- American School Health Association
Advocacy materials, self-study training resources, and links to other resources.
- Center for Health and Health Care in Schools
Information for health professionals, educators, parents, and young people to assist in promoting the health of children through school-connected programs. Includes a section on immigrant and refugee children.
- Center for Mental Health in Schools
Practitioner toolkit and networks, resources and publications, and free quarterly journal.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division on Adolescent and School Health (DASH)
Tools for curriculum analysis and program evaluation; information on national, state, and local programs; and resources on school health topics.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): School Health. Information about school health policies and programs and tools for planning and coordinating school health activities, including health services. Resources include
- ERIC Education Resources Information Center
Database of publications on many educational topics, including school health, breakfast and lunch programs, physical education, school nurses, and sports medicine. Free full-text access is available for many documents.
- MedlinePlus: School Health
News, overviews, nutrition, specific conditions, related issues, videos, research, journal articles, organizations, law and policy, statistics, and materials for children and adolescents.
- National Association of School Nurses
Online resources on many school health topics such as obesity, asthma, non-violence, and environmental health; toolkits of resources for school nurses; educational campaigns on topics such as flu, immunizations, meningitis, and head lice; continuing education; materials about the profession of school nurse; policy and advocacy materials; research; and list of state school nurse associations.
- National Association of State Boards of Education: Center for Safe and Healthy Schools
State school health policy database with a comprehensive set of laws and policies from 50 states on more than 40 topics; best practice model policy language on school health topics; other resources.
- National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement
Bereavement guidelines for schools and parents; psychological first aid brochure in English and Mandarin Chinese; and resources on crisis intervention, emergency preparedness, and bereavement.
- National Education Association Health Information Network
Information and programs to improve the health and safety of the school community. School safety alerts on recalled products and materials on nutrition, stomach bugs, immunizations, school crisis, Internet safety, school and community safety, healthy hygiene and disease prevention, and other topics.
- The National Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Works to support and speak on behalf of children and youth; assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and to encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation.
- National School Boards Association, School Health Programs
Resources to help policy makers and educators make informed decisions about health issues including "101" information packets such as Asthma in Schools 101 and Tobacco Use Prevention 101, NSBA health-related publications, a database of promising district practices, and the School Health Resource Database, which contains abstracts of more than 3,000 articles, training tools, and policy samples. Focus topics include tobacco, asthma, flu planning, and childhood obesity. Links are provided for numerous additional topics.
- Society for Public Health Education: Youth and School Health
Tools, resources, and evidence-based programs for health educators and other professionals working with children and youth in P-12 schools, communities and other settings. Includes youth disparities fact sheets, assessment, coordinated school health, curriculum, standards, whole child initiative, advocacy, data and statistics, training, and other health topics.
<< Back to main School Health page