Module 3 addresses the question of why certain children are at higher risk than others for dental caries. The module provides guidance on how medical provider can quickly and effectively conduct a caries risk assessment, including interviewing the child’s parents or other primary caregivers and performing an oral health screening. Information about the purpose of caries risk assessment tools is discussed, as well.
- List three things that place children at high risk for developing dental caries.
- List three key questions that a medical provider can ask to assess a parent’s or other primary caregiver’s oral health.
- List three conditions that a medical provider should look for when conducting an oral health screening.
- List three conditions, other than tooth decay, that a medical provider may observe when conducting an oral health screening.
- Describe the purpose of caries risk assessment tools.